Students have a strong voice in their school. They are encouraged to take on leadership roles in an endeavour to increase their own leadership skills, to act as effective role models for all students and for building wellbeing in our community.
At St Bernard’s Catholic Primary School Botany numerous opportunities are provided for students to take on leadership roles. These include
- School Captains and Vice Captains (Year 6 Students)
- Sports Captains (Year 6 Students)
- Year 6 Leadership Committees (Year 6 Students)
- Buddies to Kindergarten and Year 1 students (Year 5 and Year 6 Students)
- Student Representative Council (SRC) (Years 1–6)
Each year the students in Year 6 also lead the peer support program which focuses on our school vision and school expectations. Within these multi age groups, the students learn strategies to build positive relationships and deal with various life challenges they may face.