At St Bernard’s Catholic Primary School Botany, student growth and achievement are measured through a combination of annual standardised tests and day to day class assessments that link to the curriculum. Some assessments include NAPLAN, Progressive Achievement Tests (PAT), Cognitive Ability Tests (CogAT) and the Religious Education Test. In the early years, Observation Surveys and Clinical Interviews are used for Literacy and Numeracy.
Students also have the option of achieving through the following:
- The Pope Francis Award for community service
- ICAS assessments – Digital Technologies, Science, Spelling, Writing, English and Mathematics
- APSMO Mathematics Olympiad and Maths Games and the Lachlan Gifted and Talented Mathematics Competition
- CaSPA (Catholic Schools Performing Arts) Workshops and Performances
- Sydney Catholic Schools Regional and Archdiocesan Sports Competitions
- Local sport gala days and competitions including the Bob McCarthy Cup (Rugby League), Netball, OzTag, Soccer and Basketball.
Each week student achievements are especially acknowledged and celebrated at our Friday afternoon assemblies. Biannually, individual students who have consistently demonstrated our school values are also recognised with the St Bernard’s Award.